As-salaam alaikum ICBC WIS Parents
As the Covid-19 virus has shown us these past few weeks, life has many twists and turns! However, life must go on and so must education. Our initial plan was to offer WIS from Sept 2019-May 2020. This still holds true! We plan to offer the remainder of the semester using online means. Below is a timetable of how we plan to proceed till the end of the semester:
A few points:
- Sister Ghina does not have a class.
- This was intentional. After much discussion, we determined that we cannot teach kids (6-7) in front of a computer for 3 hrs
- Sister Ghina will send parents of KG kids a link with weekly material.
- Parents are requested to give the homework to the kids and submit it back to google classroom
- Sister Ghina will review and give feedback
- We are asking parents to tell their kids the following class protocols
- Keep your speaker muted unless otherwise requested by teacher
- Be respectful when other people are speaking
- Level 4, 5 parents:
- Please send your child(ren) email to us. We would like to send them the link where the class will be conducted
- Level 3, 2 parents:
- We are strongly requesting that parents stay with their child online while the class is being conducted
- Kids in this age group are very young and may have difficulty maintaining attention and discipline. We need your help !!
- If you decide the online format is not working for you and you have made your payment in full or in two installments, please send us an email to request reimbursement.
This is the first time using this format. Inevitably, issues will come up – so we are asking you to provide us with constructive feedback and work with us to make this as smooth as possible for our kids. An education – secular or religious – is the most important legacy we can leave for the next generation. Please let us know if you have any questions going forward, or if there’s anything we can do to make this transition easier.
For any questions or suggestions, please email us at: email@example.com. Jazakallahu Khairan!
ICBC Education Committee