ICBC MASJID RE-OPENING PLAN
OPEN: SATURDAY, JUNE 6th – STARTING DHUHR SALAH
HOURS: FIVE DAILY PRAYERS
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,
Alhamdu lillah, ICBC will re-open for the five daily salah on Saturday, June 6, 2020, pursuant to the rules and regulations and guidance provided by the CDC, as well as the federal, state and local governments.
To ensure the health and safety of our community members, a professional firm has sanitized and disinfected the entire premises. We will continue the disinfecting services twice a month and also engage in daily cleaning/sanitization. Due to the unique challenges posed to our operations due to the pandemic, we are proceeding with extreme caution. For the daily salah, we will use the Men’s prayer room only and the Multi-Purpose Room only as needed. ICBC will be instituting several measures as detailed in the following page.
We urge all members to visit ICBC only during the designated prayer times and follow all relevant ICBC guidelines. The measures in place are mandatory and we request the cooperation of everyone. Any member unwilling or unable to follow the guidelines will be requested to leave the premises. This is in the interest of the health and safety of our community members and the volunteers who have committed their time to assist us.
With the evolving COVID-19 situation in Greater Austin, we will make any necessary changes as and when necessary.
By entering the ICBC premises, everyone must acknowledge any and all associated risks, and will not hold ICBC, its office-bearers and volunteers responsible for any exposure or harm that may arise from their attendance.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation and assistance with our efforts at opening the masjid for daily prayers.
Jazakum Allahu Khairan
Islamic Center of Brushy Creek
June 5, 2020
- Entrance to the prayer halls is secured by registering online for an entrance ticket.
- There is no fee associated with the ticket.
- Each salah is restricted to 25 attendees. Tickets are available on a First-Come-First-Serve basis.
- An email with the registration details will be sent to the community every day, around Asr time, for the following day’s prayers.
- If you are ill or have a member of your household who is ill, please do not attend the congregational prayers at ICBC.
- We also require those under the age of 12 or above the age of 65 to avoid attending the congregational prayers at ICBC.
- Those who have completed travel to “Quarantine Zones” must self-quarantine themselves for a minimum of 14 days, per government guidelines, before attending ICBC
- Prayer is open to Men and Women.
- Those registered for the salah must be at the masjid at least 20 minutes before the respective Iqamah times.
- Check-in will end at the Iqamah time. The masjid door will be closed and locked once all those who registered have checked in OR at the Iqamah time, whichever comes earlier.
- Attendees must form a line at the entrance, maintaining a 6-feet distance.
- At the entrance, the tickets will be scanned.
- Attendees will be checked for body temperature before allowed entry into the masjid. Those with body temperature above 99.4 F will be refused entry.
- Hand sanitizers will be provided at the masjid entrance.
- Attendees must wear face mask.
- Attendees must bring a prayer rug.
- Those without a face mask or a prayer rug will be refused entry.
- Attendees are strongly recommended to make Wudu before coming to ICBC.
- Attendees must maintain six feet (6 ft.) social distance while inside the ICBC premises.
- While inside the masjid, attendees shall stay at the designated spots inside the prayer halls.
- Masjid will be closed and locked after the end of every salah.
- We recommend that all attendees pray Nafil salah at their homes.
- Socialization amongst attendees before or after salah, while at the ICBC premises, is strongly discouraged.