Dear community members, Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh!
Ramadan is just around the corner. May Allah SWT bless us with the opportunity to experience the blessed month and attain Taqwa and get closer to Him, Aameen.
During the upcoming blessed month, we will have Iftar on Friday, Saturday and Sunday of every week as well as Monday, April 17th (27th of Ramadan).
As in prior years, we solicit community members to sponsor Iftar this year as well. Taking into consideration the health and safety of our community, we will adopt the following guidelines.
- We will contract with local restaurants to cater food for all dinners.
- Food will be served in pre-packaged boxes only.
- To cover the expenses of Iftar/dinners on ~13 days, we are seeking sponsors.
- Cost is $300 per sponsorship.
- Each Iftar event requires approx. 30 sponsorships.
- An individual can contribute towards multiple sponsorships.
The Prophet PBUH said,
If a person gives Iftar to a fasting person in this month, his sins will be forgiven. And he will be given as many rewards as has that fasting person.
Some of the Companions of the Prophet PBUH upon hearing that asked again, what if they were not so rich as to give iftar meal to a fasting person; then the Prophet said:
The rewards will be given even to a person who gives a date as the Iftar or who provides water to break the fast or who offers a little milk.