Imam Position Announcement
Islamic Center of Brushy Creek (ICBC) located in Cedar Park, Texas (a suburb of Austin) is looking for an Imam to lead our diverse community. The ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications.
- Minimum of 4-year experience as an Imam.
- Education from a recognized Islamic institution.
- Ability to teach the Qur’an and Hadith.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to relate to the youth.
- Familiarity with the situation of the Muslim community in the West.
Duties will include:
- Leading the five daily prayers and Jumu’ah Khutbah.
- Leading Tarawih prayers in Ramadan highly preferred.
- Providing Islamic counseling and guidance to families and youth.
- Participating in community activities, interfaith meetings, Islamic outreach, etc.
- Conducting regular lectures on Islamic topics, Quran classes, etc.
Salary and Benefits:
- Compensation will be determined based on qualifications.
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume along with a cover letter addressing the items listed in this job announcement to firstname.lastname@example.org