Sheikh Jawad Rasul serves as the Imam and Religious Director of the Islamic Center of Brushy Creek since June 1, 2022.
About Our Imam
Imam Jawad was born in Pakistan and moved to the United States at the age of 11. He has a bachelor’s degree in Media & Communications from the City College of New York and a Bachelor of Arts in Islamic Studies from Mishkah University. He is a Hafiz al Qur’an. He last served as the Imam/Director of Religious Affairs at the Islamic Society of Augusta in Augusta, GA, and previously served as the Imams of the Islamic Center of Queens, Queens, NY, and Masjid Taqwa, Atlantic City, NJ.
Imam Jawad relocated with his wife and four children to Cedar Park, TX in May ’22.
Overview of Duties and Responsibilities
- Impart knowledge of Deen and continually strive to uplift the spiritual state of our community;
- Lead the effort to build a model Islamic community at our Center through leading by example;
- Spearhead various programs and activities for our youth in order to attract them to our masjid and specifically geared to inculcate in them the love of Allah SWT, His Prophet (PBUH), and our Deen;
- Develop programs tailored to meet the needs of the sisters in our community and increase their involvement in various activities;
- Inculcate a strong sense of brotherhood/sisterhood amongst us using the Sunnah of our Prophet (pbuh);
- Provide consultation and guidance to the ICBC administration on various matters such as; Deen and Fiqh, community affairs, programs and activities at our Center, master planning, fundraising, etc.;
- Deliver social services in the area of counseling and guidance;
- Enhance the current Da’wah, inter-faith, and outreach programs at our Center;
- Provide leadership and participate in the spiritual growth of the Austin Muslim community; and
- Represent the Muslim community in media and at political forums.
Monday through Saturday from
Maghrib to Isha
Khutbahs and Lectures