Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu
Eid-ul-Fitr Announcement: Monday, July 28, 2014
There have been no verified reports of moon sighting anywhere in the world that shared part of the night with the USA, and hence in accordance with our global moon sighting policy, we will complete the month of Ramadan. Insha-Allah, Eid-ul-Fitr will be on Monday, July 28, 2014.
Eid-ul-Fitr prayers will be held at the following location
In order to accommodate everyone performing Eid-ul-Fitr prayers, the Eid committee has decided to hold two prayer sessions with the following timings:
First Eid-ul-Fitr Prayer – 7:30 am
Takbeer starts at 7:30 am, prayer at 8:00 am
- Please try to attend the earlier prayers as much as possible
Second Eid-ul-Fitr Prayer – 9:30 am
Takbeer starts at 9:30 am, prayer at 10:00 am
- Please arrive on time to avoid parking delays and give yourself time to find place inside the prayer halls.
Free Parking available. However we encourage community members to donate generously to defray expenses.
To help us make this joint effort successful, we need your help in the following areas:
1) Setting up the hall
3) Parking management
4) Welcoming the guests, sister volunteers for the sister’s side
4) Collecting donations
To volunteer, please contact any of the executive committees or boards listed below.
Moon Sighting Policy
The Eid Committee has agreed to the following common and unified policy for global moon sighting:
- Location of the actual sighting can be anywhere in the world that shares part of the night with the USA
- The sighting report must be from a trust worthy source such as country’s official announcement, council of scholars, or a reputable Islamic organization
- The moon conjunction (i.e. birth of the new moon) must have taken place at the location of the reported moon sighting
This policy is in alignment with the fatwa from the Assembly of Muslim Jurists of America (AMJA) and is endorsed by our local scholars and Imams.
We ask Allah SWT to accept all our good deeds. We request your prayers and support in our endeavors.
We take this opportunity to thank everyone who helped with the various programs and activities at ICBC during the blessed month of Ramadhan.
ICBC WISHES EVERYONE A BLESSED, JOYOUS AND PEACEFUL EID DAY!
Jazakum Allahu Khairun